Monday, May 16, 2011

What we've been up to...

We have been busy little bee's down here in Texas the last couple of weeks.  Getting ready for summer and enjoying some great weather.  As with most people getting ready for summer the thought of sitting in a swimsuit all summer long is a little depressing... so we have been hitting the gym- a lot.  At least the little men like to play there... or that is how I am justifying taking them on a daily basis.  But in all seriousness... they have a basketball court, computers, toys, playground (indoor and outdoor), movie time and that is just in the kids area!  Wheeler is old enough (read: big enough, as technically probably not old enough) to be out of the toddler room and run around with Hutson, and half the time when I go to pick them up I can't even find them in there.  So all this gym going is taking away from my 'sitting on my butt in front of the computer blogging time'... so sorry people.  Plus it will eventually help me get to my goal of being able to run another half... maybe full... marathon before I am 30.  It has been about 5 years since I ran the last one and between building a house and having kids I have gotten myself a *ahem* little out of shape, although we are working hard to rectify that.  Which means I have exactly 14 months to get in shape.  The thought is a little daunting.

14 months until I am 30 also brings up another topic... I have decided to make a 30 before 30 list, thirty things I want to do before I hit the big three-oh.  I have taken the idea from some other people out there in the blog world and I think it would be fun... the problem is I am at about 21 things and I at a loss for the last nine, and 21 before 30 just doesn't have the same ring to it.  If you have any ideas let me know.  I'll put my list out in July when I start trying to knock stuff off the list.  To give you an idea... things like 30 books read, both kids fully potty trained, visit the Smithsonian, run a half, family road trip, decide what I want to be when I grow up...etc.  You know, the easy stuff.

Here are the pictures.

we take turns playing on mommy's phone...

 we eat chocolate outside so it doesn't get all over the house...
 we dump wet sand on our brother's head...
 we sit on the counter and make homemade whip cream...
 we eat whip cream out of a measuring cup daddy gave us, because apparently spoons are hard to find?
 this is how we were supposed to be eating our whip cream...

 we wrestle with daddy on the couch...
 
 we dump all of our toys on the floor, 3-4x a day just so mom has something to do...
 we try to play with spray paint that mommy left out... oops.


One of my lovely little men broke off my camera's memory card in the card reader, so until I go get a new one we will be relying on pictures taken with my phone... sorry.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

So I love the pics and the captions make them PERFECT AND HILARIOUS!!! I think you should add: take a trip to Brazil to see the Hankins family on your 30 before 30. I promise to include beaches, wine and good food if you come !!!!! hint hint!!! Get Jer on that one!

tlc said...

Thanks Lauren! Don't worry Brazil is on the list already! We miss you guys.